While having a clean oven makes your kitchen look more aesthetic, a clean oven will also work more efficiently and it will reduce the risk of fire hazards. If you are ready to give the inside of your oven a good clean, our team at Madam Clean has put together this guideline to share with you our best tips. Our team provides professional House Cleaning in Toronto services and we would be pleased to share our cleaning insights with you.
Why Should I Clean My Oven?
There are many reasons as to why a homeowner should conduct periodic cleanings of their oven. If an oven remains dirty, the risk of smoke, unpleasant odours, and even fires can increase. Having a dirty oven can also lead to issues that include:
- Efficiency Reduction. Energy consumption will increase when there is a build-up of grime and grease in the oven as the unit will have to work harder to produce the same results.
- Uneven Cooking. When dirt and filth begin to accumulate, the circulation of heat can be obstructed and therefore can result in uneven cooking.
- Increased Health Risks. A build-up of grime can affect both the taste and quality of one’s food resulting in harm to one’s overall health.
What Tools Will I Need?
When cleaning the inside of an oven, there are a few must-have tools that one should have. They include:
- Microfiber cloth
- White vinegar
- Rubber gloves
- Plastic or silicone spatula
- Soft-bristle brush or sponge
- Oven cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water
How Should I Clean My Oven?
The first step of this process should always be to unplug the oven and remove all the racks and trays. Then, one can place on their rubber gloves and use the oven cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water, and apply it to the inside. Tip: ensure a thick layer is added to the walls, bottom, and door. After this, the next steps are as follows:
- Let Sit. The mixture should sit for a minimum of 12 hours
- Scrub it Down. Using a soft bristle brush or sponge, scrub away the grime
- Wipe it Out. With a microfiber cloth, remove what’s left. Tip: use white vinegar on stubborn stains
- Clean Oven Racks. Use the sink to wash and scrub the oven racks before placing them back in
- Plug In & Heat Up. To eliminate any residual cleaner fumes, heat the oven to 350°F for 15 minutes
Contact Our Home Cleaning Services Team
There are many indications of when it’s time to clean your oven, some of which include: unpleasant odours, visible build-up of grime, or smoke emission. While cleaning the oven isn’t the most amusing task, if you follow these tips, you can tackle this project like a pro. Whether you wish to hire home or Office Cleaning in Toronto services, our team at Madam Clean would be happy to take the burden of cleaning off your shoulders. Contact our team today at (647) 808-9742 to book a consultation.